Some colleagues from Webworkerdaily wrote about the 10 golden rules of social media. Here they are:
- Respect the Spirit of the ‘Net.
- Add Value.
- Do Good Things.
- Share the Wealth.
- Give Kudos.
- Don’t Spam.
- Be Real.
For more explanation of all items, read the full article here.
Nothing really new, I agree, but you need to take those into consideration if you want to make it work!
This is very close to The social Media policy that a lot of company are putting together. IBM puts his policy on the web.
Now that we’re in a 10 rule post and touching on the Social Media policy, here are the 10 must-haves for a good Social Media Policy by Sharlyn Lauby from HRbartender.com:
- Introduce the purpose of social media
- Be responsible for what you write
- Be authentic
- Consider your audience
- Exercise good judgment
- Understand the concept of community
- Respect copyrights and fair use
- Remember to protect confidential & proprietary info
- Bring value
- Productivity matters