Here is a new big budget commercial from Heineken. The commercial is definitely for the US market and this for 3 reasons:
- The use of a big star (Eva Longoria) is not needed in Europe; Heineken is a star on itself!
- The association with basketball is not very common for Europe, especially since they are more into football here and Basketball is not very popular (except the NBA)
- Last but not least, they are promoting a LIGHT beer ?????? WTF, just drink normal beer guys, it’s not the beer that makes you big …
The making of is quite dull and long. There are some nice quotes though, namely:
- She considers herself as an upgrade, nice way of seeing things
- She likes Barcelona because Thierry Henry is playing there … that’s a reference!
- She knows everything about Tennis because she knows Federer and Nadal
The fact that Heineken took Eva as a star, makes the film also quite viral in Europe as well, since Desperate Housewives is a big success over here and she’s married to Tony Parker, one of the biggest sports stars in France.
The next one is not really a commercial, but a really nice spoof from Snoop Dog. have a look and judge for yourself. I think it’s really funny