It’s always complicated to explain to people how big the social web is today and what the penetration rate there is per activity. It’s always some sort of compilation of figures from different sources that are more or less up to date.
The below images gives a clear and visual insight of the state of today’s Social Web Involvement.
Apart from the visual part, it also gives us some interesting insights. Here are some things that surprise me:
- In Asia, people tend to blog more and upload images than having a profile on a social network
- Micro-blogging (e.g. twitter) is still quite small worldwide, apart from India and China, so there is still a big potential growth
- The Social figures from Japan are quite surprising knowing that they are tech geeks, they are under performing compared to the rest of the world
- India and Brazil are really over-connected compared to the rest
- I’m wondering how many pictures there are online, but it must be completely outrages if you see the graphs