For those of you who don’t live on planet earth, the new Apple toy is officially for sale (or better was, since they are already sold out). I was and still am quite skeptical about the V1 of the product because it misses some important features like USB or an integrated card reader and I’ll probably wait for the V2 before spending the money.
But apparently many other aficionados don’t really bother spending their money on the gadget that will “revolutionize” the world … or not.
Here are some impressive numbers on the iPad:
- Since the iPad launch on Saturday there have been 600,000 iBooks downloaded
- Over one million apps were downloaded to iPads on day one
- A total of 3.5 million apps have been downloaded to iPads since launch
- There are now 3,500 iPad-specific apps available for download, with 185,000 total apps available across all devices
- Total app store downloads, across all platforms, have surpassed the 4 billion mark
The figures speak for themselves, the iPad is a success! And a whole new economy can start.