Always strange to read that email marketing is back? Has it ever been away? It is a crucial part of the pull activities you can/have to put in place if you want to ensure to touch your base.
Facebook will not replace everything!
I’m not talking about the dirty spammer who send you Pen** enlargement emails or cheap Viagra, I’m talking about opt-in subscription to newsletters where you voluntarily put your e-mail address in the little box.
Here are some advantages to e-mail:
- It’s anonymous: nobody really knows you’re subscribed to some silly news or lousy band, which can be a plus compared to facebook if you really don’t anyone to know about your secret passions!
- It grabs your attention: sometimes, you forget about a site or service, so an e-mail on a regular basis reminds you of the site
- It’s cheap: it doesn’t cost the reader anything and for the sender it’s quite cheap
- It’s engaging: you can choose to only push content, but you can also make the audience engage with your brand
- It’s monetizable: you can invite brands to promote something to your qualified audience (but beware, it should be done softly!)
Any other advantages? Let me know!